Porto (EN)

To be honest I don't really know how to say this.
I was born in Porto but somehow I only discovered this city when I was eighteen ( currently twenty seven so I can speak about this as if it was from a long time ago, less embarrassing).
Porto until then was a mystery. Ribeira ? Just a vague collection of buildings by the river. Clérigos ? A weird church with only one tower. Piolho? That sounds like a disease. You say you can drink there ??
My own city was not yet discovered by me. I knew the main monuments. Vaguely knew where they were. Yet I haven't lived the city. I hadn't walk the streets, explored the cafes , or even to be honest did anything special.
It was only when I started to look at the world as if it was a giant box o chocolates ( quote Gump) ,did I find Porto , the true Porto .

And I strongly encourage you , if you haven't , to discover your own city.


Comments